Our mission at RGV House Calls is to provide comprehensive, high-quality care to ALL patient in the Rio Grande Valley, especially those patients who have difficulties visiting their primary care physician.
RGV House Calls provides primary and acute care services for this underserved patient population. High quality, on-site care leads to better outcomes for our patients, including reduced emergency room visits, reduced hospital admissions and lower medical costs.
RGV House Calls is composed of a team of physicians, nurse practitioners and medical assistants with years of experience treating patients in the Rio Grande Valley. Through this experience, our practitioners realized a portion of our population was receiving inadequate care due to the certain limitations in mobility, transportation, or lack of time. RGV House Calls was formed to fulfill the healthcare needs of these patients.
We proudly serve our friends, neighbors, and communities of Cameron and Hidalgo counties with quality healthcare. As active members of our community, we enjoy volunteering and partnering with local area charities and organizations. We live here, work here, play here, and most importantly, we serve here.
- Comprehensive primary care
- Acute care/Care management for high-risk patients
- Post-hospitalization discharge follow-up
- Preventive care, including annual physical exams and functional assessments
- In-home laboratory services
- Medication management
- Mobile imaging available
- Our In-home visit offers quality healthcare for patients who are unable to visit the doctor’s office—in the comfort and familiarity of their home or facility. There is no hassle with driving, parking, or waiting in a physician’s office.
- Enjoy a visit where the physician takes as much time as needed and takes an active role in your day-to-day health and well-being.
- Our providers will also evaluate your home environment and assess lifestyle issues such as fall hazards and medication management.
For Assisted Living Facilities
- Attract residents due to the availability of quality, on-site care.
- Reduce attrition from unnecessary medical crises by taking a proactive and preventive approach to care.
- Keep beds full by reducing the usual cycle of hospital admissions and readmissions.
- Eliminate the high transportation costs to and from physician offices and the associated liability.
- Increase staff productivity by having a single point of contact for all necessary medical services.
- Utilize Home Health and Hospice services more efficiently.
For Primary Care Physicians
- We act as an extension of your practice by providing advanced quality care for patients who are unable to visit the doctor’s office, in the comfort and privacy of their home or facility.
- In-home service for patients with limited mobility helps provide reassurance and reduce hospital admissions.
- Home visits help integrate and coordinate the steps in a patient’s transition from the hospital, their recovery from an illness, or in the phase between being homebound and recovering mobility—until they are able to return to the office.
- In-home advanced care may be indicated if your patient:
- Is home-limited/homebound
- Has limited resources, support, and/or transportation
- Has co-morbidities or need for chronic disease management
- Give your employees the option of high-quality, “concierge”-like medical services.
- RGV House Calls will work with you to develop a plan for providing comprehensive on-site medical care. Employees who use the services will not have to take time to travel to the doctor and sit forever in a waiting area. It will also reduce the need to squander PTO time to get laboratory or imaging services that we can provide on-site.
- The employer model improves access to medical care and makes for better adherence to appointments. The result is a proactive, patient-centered form of care, instead of a reactive, crisis-oriented approach—one that improves the quality of care while also reducing costs for you, the employer, and for the healthcare system.
- Our on-site care program enables companies to have a real impact on the health of their employees. Unlike the traditional wellness fair or visiting nurse programs, our on-site providers can both identify and treat health care issues. This means better outcomes and fewer workplace disruptions.